Bullying – Zero-Tolerance Policy
This community takes bullying and the act of bullying very seriously. Remember, there is always a fine line between having ‘banter’ with someone and bullying. Always make sure you know where the line is. The community, members and management are expected to have a zero-tolerance policy on bullying and therefore anyone who breaks this expectation will be removed dealt with accordingly. Further action may be taken by the CMG Community Managers at their discretion.
The National Police Air Service (NPAS) is a police aviation service that provides centralised air support to the 43 territorial police forces in England and Wales. It replaced the previous structure whereby police forces operated their own helicopters, either individually or in small consortia (such as the South East Air Support Unit).
How we Help:
- Search for Missing People
- Scout buildings before negotiations and building breaches.
- Give a larger view and outlook to officers on the scene
NPAS is also commonly used aircraft for traffic control, ground support, search and rescue, high-speed car pursuits, observation, air patrol and control of large-scale public events and/or public order incidents.
- Never land in legion
- Stay at an altitude based on the situation, remember to keep your distance from volatile situations (such as bank robberies)
- No GTA V based stunts IE. flying under bridges, trying to fly through impossibly small gaps and trying to land at ridiculous speeds
- When operating an NPAS Helicopter (or being a camera operator) ensure correct outfit and equipment is used
- Treat others how you wish to be treated and always follow the CMG Community rules
The main priority of our division is to aid divisions to reduce crime within the City.This is done by supporting operations giving the officers on scene a greater chance of carrying out scenes successfully and incarcerating the individual(s) Examples of this is assisting in High speed pursuits and aiding with Night and heat detecting cameras to scout out a high risk scene before officers arrive giving them a small insight about how to effectively deal with a situation.With this aid it allows the Met PD to be able to efficiently redeploy after situations without injured or murdered officers.
The NPAS units can be used for a wide variety of aid within the MetPD a few examples of this is searching for a fleeing suspect for example: someone who has committed Grand Theft Auto or Fleeing from a store robbery as part of their Free passage negotiations, These NPAS units can be crucial for the MetPD when searching large or rural areas where officers are not able to get to quickly and efficiently. If the NPAS unit Locates a suspect using their Night or Heat Vision cameras they can relay current locations allowing the Ground Units to engage a pursuit and Apprehend the target bringing them to justice lowering crime within the city.
Regular NPAS Officers - NPAS officers will use their weapons and equipment that is given to them at whatever rank they are holding within the Metropolitan Police.
G36 Trained Officers - To use the G36 within NPAS you must go through the designated training that is given by the NPAS Command.
- Enter/Leave Camera - E
- Normal/Night/Thermal Vision - RMB
- Lock on subject - Space Bar
- Zoom in/out - Scroll wheel
- Camera Rotate - Mouse
- Rappel - (Hold) X
- Open Vic Menu - M
- You MUST be able to show responsible control of the aircraft
- Understand the full controls/capabilities/layout of the NPAS Helicopter
- Basics of Radio Usage and call outs with comms.
- Given a last known location, the operator(s) of NPAS must locate correctly 1 stationary suspect within 2 minutes.
- Locate and follow 1 ground vehicle for 3-5 minutes. Timer does not start until you have positive location and at the 3-5 minute mark if you cannot positively and correctly inform on the position of the ground vehicle, it will count as an immediate fail.
- Given the position of a ground suspect, you must keep eyes and correctly inform on the movements and actions of the ground suspect for 3 minutes.
Complete all 3 tasks successfully and to their entirety without damaging the NPAS Unit at all, without breaking any protocols(safe flying) or causing any unnecessary risk, and within each task individual time restrictions.
- Only Rapel when is necessary
- If repelling make sure you whisper to any units on scene so they can move anything(if needed)
- Rapel with Appropriate Force (If you need to apprehend someone with a knife don’t use a G3)
Current Stage Of Training
Lvl1:Reserved for the AIR- 1,2,3 roles and these are training roles these roles may rank you from Lvl3 to Lvl2 recruit members into the NPAS division issue strikes or even kick you from the division any questions queries or concerns approach these 3 members via the discord or teamspeak.
Lvl2:You have been in NPAS for a good period of time and have proved yourself to the chain of command via attending training and getting involved in pursuits rappelling into emergency situations and are a confident pilot.
Lvl3:Your a new member of NPAS and are only basically trained in flying emergency procedures and rappelling your still trusted to be on your own/ with a partner however you still need to prove yourself to the chain of command.